[SunRescue] Re: Wacky devices + other questions

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Mar 14 01:41:17 CST 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 kk at enteract.com wrote:

> I was looking at www.mousesystems.com a few days ago.  They still seem
> sell type 5 optical mice there.  They also had a couple of different sun
> compatable optical mice.  A little expensive though.  I can email the

Nice though.  I just got a bag of the 904011's thrown in with some other
equipment, these are the PS/2 opticals that use the type-5 pad.  Have to
try one out on my HP 712 tonight and see how it does.

Actually, the 904273 looks like an extremely good deal for those of us who
like optical mice!  3-button type-5 mechanism, PS/2 connector, only $29.99
including optical mousepad.

I wonder what the difference is between the 904011 and the 904273?  Both
say "Compatible with newer Silicon Graphics Workstations" and "Compatible
with PC-standard computers", the only difference I can see is the 5 year
vs 3 year warranty.  $70 seems a bit steep for an extra 2 years.

-James