[SunRescue] (stupid) question...

Lamb, Mark MLAMB at cvty.com
Mon Mar 13 09:05:49 CST 2000

[James Lockwood wrote:  RE: Swapping ss4/ss5 CPU's]

> Sure you can swap them, but it won't help you much.  The oscillators are
> soldered.  Actually, the SS4/110 probably has a soldered CPU, I think
> nearly all 110's did.

That's unfortunate - the ss5 has more storage (2 drives) - and I don't think
I can swap out the hard drive on ss5 without buying a kit for ss4. =(

[James Lockwood wrote:  RE: headless ss4]

> Are you set to 9600 8N1?  A mismatched parity setting can cause this.

Yep. It's strange. I do see the ss4 booting - but once it gets to a certain
point it just halts with no error message. I'll get the exact area and
verbage
as to where it halts once home.

Thanks, Mark