[SunRescue] Wacky devices + other questions

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Mar 13 06:24:43 CST 2000

sparcy wrote:

> He still has one of those 20" monitors, a sparc array and a sparc server 1000
> there. I guess I can get these quite cheap too. I was looking for some
> specs on both of them but still haven't found much usable for either
> (even less on the sparc array). Neither sunhelp.org or docs.sun.com helped
> me much further, although I might have been looking in the wrong places.

Yikes! Go grab that SS1000+Array ASAP!
That's jolly good stuff! :-)

> Anybody know a good spot which gives some info on sparc arrays/sparc server
> 1000 ?

Search through the archives on the mailinglist. Meantime consider this;

SS1000E:	upto 8 CPUs (60MHz or 85MHz CPUs, 50MHz bus freq)
SS1000:		upto 8 CPUs (40MHz or 50MHz CPUs, 40MHz bus freq)

both able to max up to 2048MB RAM. 2 CPUs, 512MB RAM and 3 SBus slots
reside on one "system board". Maximum 4 systemboard in cabinet.
Consider that a really good piece of machinery.

	/Regards, Bjorn