Sun keyboards and mice (Re: [SunRescue] Wacky devices + other questions)

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Mar 13 05:55:46 CST 2000

James Lockwood wrote:

> You can also get brand new type-6 optomechanical mice from Sun for $35/ea,
> or the older type-5 optomechanical mice for $39/ea.  My order of
> preference goes something like:
>
> Type-5 optical
> Type-5 optomechanical
> Type-6 (optomechanical)
> Type-4 (optical)
>
> I like the feel of the type-4 keyboards but the layout and extra keys of
> the type-5.  The 5's also feel a bit flimsier to me.

AIRC, the Type-5c are the "compact" version, little bit smaller and a
built-in keyboard cable. The "normal" Type-5 are much heavier, and have
a more "solid feel" on the buttons.
I have both at home, but I prefer the Type-5c over the Type-5. (the
cable doesn't bother me too much)

As for the Type-5 mouse, I have both the optical and the optomechanical.
After several attempts to pick up a free optical pad for it (without
order one, new), I got my hands on the optomechanical.
Surely does a better work than the "Type-5 mouse vs Type-4 pad"
solution. :-)

	/Regards, Bjorn