Re(2): [SunRescue] SIMMs [was our SS2 help]

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 11 14:07:25 CST 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:36:48 -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

>Memoryx?  I don't know how cheap they are, but they are, according to Bill
>"the best place to buy memory".  I'd agree, but I've got a 5% off discount
>with the vendor we have for work, and a lifetime garuntee, so I don't even
>look around.

I bought 32MB from them way back when I first got my SS2 (wow, that must've been about
2 years ago).  I forgot how comparable they were compared to other sources (got it from eBay),
but the memory works great, no problems, good service, and I would recommend them.

Then again, at the swap meet I go to at the last sat of the month is a gentleman who sells
4 4MB 30pin 9 chip 36 bit for $20 (which I thought wasn't too bad).

Of course, you can't beat the lifetime guarantee - the 32MB module in this ThinkPad died
(fortunately from Kingston, lifetime warranty, but really expen$ive), so Windows 2000 runs
like crap (and I'd be screwed if it wasn't still under warranty).

Just my 3 cents.

Paul