Re(2): [SunRescue] Sparcstation with 0 MB (does it boot ?)

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Fri Mar 10 14:45:12 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>Yup, exactly like the SS1, 1+, and IPC.
>
>Why Sun did that, I have no clue, but it's the only thing I hate about my
>machines.

ever seen the PC style 45 degree angle clickers not click right?  I have
always thought the standard simm socket was structurally insufficient, and
I have seen several that would not clip right.  (you just wedge something
non-conductive between it and the closest solid object)  I was glad to see
simm sockets go away and dimm sockets com into use.  Sun must have thought
so also, so they didn't use the 30pin Simm sockets.  They did use standard
72 pin, but at least they seemed to have bought quality sockets.

Tim