[SunRescue] SIMMs [was our SS2 help]

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri Mar 10 14:31:37 CST 2000

Are you talking about FPM (Fast Page Mode) SIMMs?  My understanding was that
these aren't mutually exclusive, I.E., you could have a Parity FPM SIMM, or
a Parity SIMM that isn't FPM.

> I was under the impression that just about any/all
> workstation hardware out
> there that required 72 pin SIMMs (SGI
> Indys/Onyx/Challenge/Indigo/Indigo2,
> Sun LX/classic/IPX, DEC Alphas, some RS/6ks) required that they be
> parity. I know the fast-paged SIMMs from the LXs didn't work
> in my Multia
> (DEC Alpha.)

I'd think that they are parity FPM SIMMs, but since you don't have my ram
tester, and I don't have your RAM, I can't say 100%.  :-)
	Greg