[SunRescue] Sparcstation with 0 MB (does it boot ?)

sparcy sparcy at proxy.goblin.cx
Fri Mar 10 06:50:48 CST 2000

G'day,

I just bought 2 sparcstation-2's, one of them doesn't boot (it doesn't do
anything, the on led (light) just goes on and that's it) - the other one
works just fine.

I opened up the one that doesn't do anything and I noticed there aren't any
memory modules in it at all. Is this why it's not doing anything at all or
is there something more amiss ? (this because I was expecting at least a
PROMP prompt - even with 0 MB of memory)

Then another silly question, I tried to remove some of the memory of the
first box (which has 64MB) to try to figure out if this was the problem
in the 2nd box. Question ; How the heck does one remove memory ?, I looks
like there are 2 little 'clips' which go into the hole of the memory module
(on both ends) and if you hold these 2 back you should be able to pull the
module out ... no luck at all, the damn things are stuck like hell. Is there
something else I forgot or do I just need to apply brute force (e.g. it's
hammer time ;-)

Cheers,
sparky