[SunRescue] Woah, a PCI Ultra 1

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Mar 9 13:13:02 CST 2000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> What layout did the Ultra 30 have as far as RAM, hard drive, etc. I see
> two of them at work, sorely abused and keep hoping they will auction them
> off for pennies. I used to use Ultra 10s. I love those beasts. (Alas,
> Pentium was only to 400 MHz then!)

The 30 is basically the same as the 60 except without the second
processor. Dual onboard UW SCSI, 16 DIMM slots for up to 2GB RAM (uses the
same DIMMs as SS20/Ultra 1/2/60/250/450), 2 UPA64S framebuffer slots.

The U30 has the interesting distinction of being the first mass-produced
system sold with a 64-bit 66MHz PCI slot.  It has 4 PCI slots, all 64-bit,
but 3 of them are 33MHz-only.

Configurations varied widely by generally hard drives ranged from 2GB to
9GB and RAM sizes ranged from 128MB to 512MB.

-James