[SunRescue] Woah, a PCI Ultra 1

Kris Kirby kris at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 9 12:24:24 CST 2000

> The first multi-bus PCI SPARC was also the first PCI SPARC, the
> SparcEngine Ultra AX.  Next came the Ultra 30 and 450.  The 450 has 6 PCI
> busses on 3 seperate UPA controllers with a fantastic amount of bandwidth
> (2GB/sec+).

What layout did the Ultra 30 have as far as RAM, hard drive, etc. I see
two of them at work, sorely abused and keep hoping they will auction them
off for pennies. I used to use Ultra 10s. I love those beasts. (Alas,
Pentium was only to 400 MHz then!)

---
<kris at nospam.hiwaay.net>    |
"God gave them the ability to reproduce...
	... Science gave us the hope they won't." -KBK