[SunRescue] got my weirdsparc board from ebay in

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 9 01:25:05 CST 2000

I finally got my "mysterious sparc board" from eBay in, thanks to another
list member who realized he'd gotten mine, and forwarded it on.  I ordered
two, but ended up only getting one.. oh well 8-)

Well, the thing that looks like a 9-pin serial port, is marked "serial port
A".  We have "external scsi in", "external scsi out", and also "internal
scsi" with a 4-prong power attachment for the drive.  Looks like a PS/2-style
power supply connector (james?).  3 SBus "slots", altho there's a 34-pin
ribbon cable connector marked "ethernet" and a 50-pin ribbon cable connector
marked "parallel port".

i'm thinking that if I can find the right RAM for this beast (looks like 72pin
SIMMs), the right power supply, I can at least try to boot it up via a serial
terminal connected to the serial port A.  If I can get it fully working with
a SCSI hard drive connected to the internal scsi port, and figure out what
I need to do to turn the 34-pin ribbon cable connector into a normal Ethernet
port of some kind (AUI, etc), I might be able to turn this into a cool
"sparc under plexiglass" NFS server or something on my network.

James, any thoughts?  Have you gotten yours yet?

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford | mrbill at mrbill.net |