Re(2): [SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] Whew...

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Mar 8 12:06:32 CST 2000

[snip]

> I don't like huge maket shares, they tend to lead to inferior product.

While I generally agree with you, do you really think this is the case with
Cisco?  They aren't just competing with 3Com, Nortel, Lucent, etc anymore,
but they're competing with CheckPoint and Firewall1. (hmm, are those
products or companies?).  I just did a vendor demo on the PIX firewall
today, and it's kinda cool, and likely to replace our current
NT/Proxy-firewall.  But we also just purchased 2 3Com Super Stack II 3300
switches, even though we knew that Cisco had similar products.  The 3Com buy
was also just brand loyalty by the other admin, but there are too many
players in this field to stifle innovation.
	Greg