[SunRescue] Sun monitor GDM20E20

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Mon Mar 6 11:18:50 CST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: paul [mailto:paul at pony.partitura.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 9:39 AM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunRescue] Sun monitor GDM20E20

A few questions...

Is the Sun monitor GDM20E20 a multisync monitor? (able to work with SVGA)

----Yes

Is its connector s HD15?

-----No, you need the HD15 to 13W3 adapter. With the adapter, the 20E20 is
extremely ambidextrous (or should I say bisexual <grin>), working with
anything I've been able to attach to it.

What I'd like to do is buy one used and attach it to both my Sun and my
PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro, which has an SVGA output.  Is there an A/B
HD15
switch available from somebody that will allow me to connect two sources to
the
same monitor?

The new Sun "premium" monitor has a front panel switch that does this.  I
have
one at work and it is great.  Unfortunately, I can't afford one at home, but

maybe I could create my own if I can find the appropriate A/B switch...

Thanks
Paul Phillips

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org