[SunRescue] Solaris has lower TCO

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 3 11:20:20 CST 2000

>>Apparently Sun has a lower TCO than NT...
>>http://www.sun.com/servers/workgroup/tco
>>
>>And you don't have to reboot the servers twice a day!
>>
>I could agree with that - since the stuff at work on NT goes down too much
>more often than the Solaris stuff... =(
>
>Damn Neanderthal Technology... =)

The ERP server at one of my clients is an NT box running a Sytline database.
Before the software went on that machine it never needed anything.  Now I'm
in there once a week to clean the file system.  I don't know which reboots
are because of the Sytline stuff or the dirty FS, but it goes down about
twice a week.

Kurt