[SunRescue] 3/60 crate

jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com
Wed Mar 1 23:26:02 CST 2000

>Does the 3/75 use ECC memory?  I saw something like that mentioned when it
>was booting up.

   No. See below.

>Also, why does the 3/75 have the higher model number than the 3/60, but it
>came first, and is a slower machine with less features?

   Because it's a 3/1xx in a two-slot case. The 3/1xx was the first Sun-3
CPU. It was first shipped in the 3/160 configuration, probably because Sun
was already making the 2/160, which is the same chassis, although at some
point they did add two more fans in the base. The 3/75 was similarly early
because Sun was already making the 2/50, which is the 2/1xx CPU in a
two-slot case.

   --James B.