[SunRescue] Tim Ranting

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 1 01:35:43 CST 2000

>> You know you're a geek when your monitor is bigger than your TV.
> I'll agree with that. I'll also throw in that you're a geek if you spend
more time on your computer than watching TV and only use a TV/VCR to watch
movies and ocassional cable/air channels. Only thing that can top that is if
your audio equipment on a computer is better than on a stereo or TV.

Luckily I bought my stereo and TV before computers were available that could
create the sounds it makes.  Its a Sony rack system with all the goodies,
including a 5 disc (gasp!) CD changer.  However the speakers are a litle
used (beer spills in college, etc).  The Altec Lansing setup that this
computer uses is *far* superior in sound to those old shelf speakes.  The
Subwoofer in the AL setup makes _all_ the difference in the world -
especially when I'm listening to something like 303 Infinity.  Its so loud
my hair moves around  =:-)

Can't do that now though.  The kids are in bed and we can't have them waking
up...

Kurt