[SunRescue] SS5 processor upgrade?

tom tom at nipltd.com
Thu Mar 30 05:04:07 CST 2000

Hi everyone,

I can't remember if this has come up before or not, but:

I've just acquired a Sparc Station 5, with a socketed 85mhz processor.
Is it possible to swap that out for the faster 110mhz one?
Or even, to install a 170mhz TurboSparc chip - or does that require some more
surgery?

Also, does anyone know of any cheapie sources of 32mb DIMMs for the SS5? I'm
in the UK, and it always seems cheaper to ship stuff like that in from the US
:-(

Thanks,
TOM

Tom Kranz - tom at nipltd.com
Systems Administrator, New Information Paradigms Ltd.
My opinions are my own, not NIP's, and not my cat's.