[SunRescue] tfp problems

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 16:21:19 CST 2000

Okay, I finally got a copy of Solaris 2.3 Tadpole editoin (original CD and jewel case, but I had to dig for it).

Got the add_install_client setup and all, but tftp isn't working.

It's enabled in /etc/inetd.conf, but I can't transfer anything at all strangely...

Even tried running in.tftpd -s &, but that didn't help.

Also tried kill -HUP 144 (144 is the id of inetd on my box), didn't help either.

Am I missing something here?
I usually refer to NetBSD's netbooting FAQ for help (since I used it extensively when setting up a box
as a boot server for my Sun3's), but it doesn't have anything on setting up ftpd on solaris.

Thanks,

Paul