[SunRescue] BeOS 5 Personal Edition available

josh grubman jg at FALSE.NET
Wed Mar 29 10:20:41 CST 2000

> OK, got it.  It looks like a .exe file, which doesn't smell very Unixy.
> What can I do with it?  Where do I find out more about it, etc?
> It only took about 5 minutes on my line to download.

it needs to be installed/booted from a windows 95/98/2000/NT4 system. it reads
its kernel from befs on a fat/ntfs partition. 2000 and NT4 require a boot
floppy. pretty sick, huh.

it did some REALLY nasty stuff to the onboard ati video on my laptop.

the version you can can buy from best buy or wherever can be installed without
the use of a microsoft operating system. i'm not sure about the downloadable
version.

-j