[SunRescue] non-sun; need suggestions

Ken Hansen n2vip at impop.bellatlantic.net
Wed Mar 29 07:59:38 CST 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Okay, I bought a new 25" tv about 3 weeks ago.. Got it home, did a "doh!" -
> it has no A/V inputs ("thats why the other one was $25 more but looked
> identical!").  Just RF-in (coax).  Works fine with the RF-out from my DirecTV
> receiver, tho.
>
> One problem - I now have a DVD player with A/V component-level out, and no
> RF-out.
>
> So far, I see my options:
>
> 1.  Say "oh well" to the $230 the 25" cost me, and go get the slightly more
>     expensive model with A/V inputs

I hope the store would take the unit back on an upgrade toward the more expensive
model with the inputs you need. They should, assuming you haven't made a fort
out of the box ;^)

Any solution that take a nice clean A/V output and converts it into RF will degrade

the image (in my opinion) and *certainly* cost more than $25.

Ken

(I thought you were going to ask for a 13W3 to RF adapter to hook up your Sun
box!)