[SunRescue] Pictures of office (better late than never...)

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 07:30:56 CST 2000

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:53:57 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 06:18:30PM -0500, Chris & Amy Petersen wrote:
>> Oy Vey, and those were EXPENSIVE shelves too.....
>> Amy
>
>Actually they look very similar to some shelves I can get for $59 for
>the 18" deep ones at Home Depot, cept the ones you have are black (the
>ones I know of are dark green).  However, they're solid, HEAVY, and
>just about indestructible.

You got that right - I have one here.
Got me about 65 bucks at Home Depot (thank God for the 24/hr Home Depot
being on the way home from work).  I have a ThinkPad, dialup server (minitower, monitor,
laser printer), SS1+, SS2, 24 port switch, 3/60, 2 UPS's, 2 Sun P-Box's for the SS2, an
IBM Valuepoint BSD boot server, and the monitor from my 3/75 (now dead).

And I can still put double all that on there!

>I'm still liking the 6' tall, 6' long, 18" deep 3-shelf Metro shelving
>unit I got for cheap, its now my "entertainment center". 8-)

Interestingly, this one is just wide enough for my SPARCstations...
I have clearance in the back for the cables.

And it's a pretty attractive case.  And it sure beat the way everything else was arranged - on my existing
messy desk and on the floor.

Just my 1.958349823 and 9/10 cents.

PK