[SunRescue] Pictures of office (better late than never...)

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 28 19:44:28 CST 2000

>Heh.  18 inches?  That's short... :)
>
>Me, I'll go for the one we used to sell the fire stations in the area.
>24-36" bar with carbide chains...They switched to chainsaws from axes and
>heavy duty cutoff saws because they were lighter and cheaper.  Even with
>carbide chains, after they used the saw to cut through a few roofs (say
>1-3 fires), they'd still have mangled the chain to the point that it would
>need teeth replaced and sharpened...

SONOFABITCH!  Now that's a piece of machinery!  I used to have a Husky 18"
until someone stole it in a recent move - I'm just used to the way they
react and handle.  Stihls are great, but they remind me of my landscaping
days.  All the company had was 14" Stihls, and I didn't like the way they
felt in my hands.  Probably no comparison to what's on the market today...

Yep, that's an Indy, only a  R4600PC-100, but not a bad box other wise.
>Came with 160mb of RAM, a floptical, and 535mb of disk for $100 even ;)
>Great deal, I've dropped a 4 gb Narrow disk in it but haven't finished
>setting it up yet.  Hope to eventually drop in the 24-bit graphics and
>replace the power supply and module with an R5kSC-180...
>
>Chris

Beats my R4K-100.  I need a floptical, and the XZ graphics set - then I can
think about R5K processors.  Come to think of it, I might be able to drop
the XZ if I can get a R5K processor - the R5K processor has more power than
the XZ graphics, resulting in better software z-buffer than the hardware
z-buffer can provide (according to reputable.com's indytech page).  Go
figure!.

Kurt