[SunRescue] Stuff on the trading block...

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Mon Mar 20 12:44:14 CST 2000

Well, time has once again arrived to clean out my basement, move some stuff
out to people who can use it, and free up space for new toys :)

I just posted a bunch of SCSI stuff (DEC StorageWorks, Sun 411s, etc.) on
auctions.workstations.org, but I've got a couple of machines to get up there
eventually as well, figured I'd give the list first shot if anybody is
interested.  Oh, yeah, no word on the Alphas I told everybody about yet,
I've got 2 sitting here now out of that batch and the rest are in limbo.
I should know something on the Tempest SS2s this week, if I can get the time
off to run up and check on them...

Details follow on my hardware up for grabs:

Qty. (2) IBM RS/6000 PowerServer 230
45 MHz POWER2 CPU
Gt1x Graphics
64mb RAM (8x8mb 72-pin SIMMs)
1 or 2gb IBM Disk (one of each)
No keys, but machines were locked in service mode, so case is accessible
(I can provide copies of AIX media if needed)

Qty. (1) HP 712/80
32mb RAM (4x8mb SIMM)
1GB HP Fast SCSI-2 disk
HP-UX 10.20 installed, media included
HP PS/2 keyboard included (might be able to scrounge up a mouse)

Qty. (1) DEC 3000 model 600
175MHz 21064 CPU
128mb RAM
(1) DEC RZ28 2gb SCSI disk (Quantum)
(1) DEC RZ26-L 1gb SCSI disk
PMAGD-CA Graphics (I *think* this is right, not sure at the moment)
Keyboard, mouse, keyboard/mouse breakout box, video cable
Your choice of OS installed (VMS, Digital UNIX)

Qty. (1) DEC 3000 model 300X
175MHz 21064 CPU
32mb RAM
(1) DEC RZ26-L 1gb SCSI disk
Built-in Graphics (HX 8-plane)
Keyboard, mouse, keyboard/mouse breakout box, video cable
Your choice of OS installed (VMS, Digital UNIX)

Qty. (1) Digital AlphaStation 250 4/266
266 MHz 21064A Alpha
256 MB RAM (4x64mb SIMM)
2 GB Seagate ST32155 Fast SCSI-2 Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
Digital RRD43 (Toshiba OEM) 6x CD-ROM Drive
3.5" Floppy
ZLXp-L1 3D graphics
Digital 10/100MB PCI Ethernet (included on request)
Uses PS/2 mouse, keyboard (not included)
Your choice of OS installed (VMS, Digital UNIX, NT *gack*)

I'll probably be putting these up for actual auction (barring any offers from
somebody on the list) later this week.  For reference, I'm looking to get
around $100 a piece for the RS6k, $200 out of the 712/80 and DEC 3000/300X,
say around $400-500 for the DEC 3000/600, and as close to $1000-1200 as I can
get on the AlphaStation 250 4/266.

I'm throwing this out to the list mainly for trades (although offers are
always welcome), here's a list of what I'm looking for at the moment:

SS20
Ultra 1/xxxE
SS1000E
SparcBook 3 series
AlphaBook (heh...would be nice, anybody ever see any of these for sale?)
Fast-Wide SCSI disks, 3.5" LP preferrably
Faster processor module for SGI Indy (currently R4600PC-100, yeek)

Like I said, this will all eventually end up on auctions.workstations.org,
but I figured there might be some of the list folks who were interested and
might have trade goodies :)  Be sure to check out the stuff I've got on
auctions.workstations.org if you're looking for external storage stuff, I've
been collecting this stuff as I can get my hands on it, time to clean up,
sell off, and get myself a better Sun box for home (my Sun equipment is
lagging behind, I've got a nice HP B132L and a really nicely loaded Digital
AlphaStation 600 5/266 now, my SS5/70 looks pale by comparison).

Bill:  I've got this HP 715 sitting here ready for you whenever you're
ready, and I've got some older SS5 & SS20 brochures to scan if you don't
have that covered already...

That's it for now,

Chris

--