[SunRescue] SunOS install

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Mar 19 23:25:48 CST 2000

dunno, haven't pulled it off yet.  I've got my BLAZING fast 4x Pioneer
changer that I do all my installs from.  When the kitchen is finished, I'll
have at least 1 SS2 to play around with RH62beta on, and I'll be kicking the
living tar out of it.  BTW, before I can put it into "production", I need
another SBUS nic.  Anybody got a line on 'em?

> >> I finally figured out how to reprogram the NVRAM in my IPC,
> >> so I'd like to make it
> >> useful.   I originally would prefer SysV, but SunOS will do.
> >> Thought about NetBSD, but I want something new.
> >> And Linux just hung after trying to load it's second ramdisk.
> >
> >NetBSD isn't new?  It's new to me...  :)
> >What Linux Distro are you trying to install?  RedHat6.1 has
> some serious
> >problems with Sun4c, but 6.2beta has been better for most people.
>
> Uh oh.  Good thing I spent less than 2 bucks on that CD.

You could try it.  If it fails on ldconfig (shoot, ldsomething)...  You can
still mount the CD, NFS export it, and do an install from there, maybe.

>   Debians
> >big problems seem to have been on the SS5...  Of course if
> you have another
> >linux box around, you could just roll your own.  :)
>
> Nope, I haven't touched Linux for a long time...

Yeah, but there's this really nice Linux From Scratch HOWTO now...  Well, I
haven't read it, but it looked nice from the first couple of pages.
	Greg