[SunRescue] VME Based Sun Workstation

Stefan Skoglund stetson at ebox.tninet.se
Sun Mar 19 16:16:15 CST 2000

Paul Khoury - Tech Support wrote:

> Are they used for Artificial Intelligence?  What exactly is Lisp used for?
>
> I've always wanted something of mainframe or supercomputer power (not
> nessecarily current),  don't quite know exactly why...

I don't know if a Lisp machine is super-computer power but they
are very nice and much faster than a normal machine at LISP
processing.

Pick up Guy Steeles book about Common Lisp (very thick one.)

You can use LISP for a lot of thing and not only AI research
even if that probably is that LISP is most known for.