[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] argh, key repeat I need it off!

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Sat Mar 18 18:54:40 CST 2000

> anybody know how to turn key repeat BACK on?  Looks like MAE disabled it...
> Now, scrolling through my list of mail folders is a bitch...

Speaking of repeating chars....  I am a touch typist, and have a horrible
problem on Sun Type 4 and 5 keyboards.  The old Sun Type 3 keyboards don't
bother me so much.  The problem is that when typing on the things, I get
an awful lot of doublestruck characters.  That only happens on the Type
4 and 5 keyboards (never tried a 6).  BUT, it does NOT happen on any
of my other keyboards (I usually use IBM keyboards on almost everything,
although it doesn't happen on my DEC or glass tty keyboards either).
The OS is SunOS, OpenBSD, NetBSD, so I can't attribute it to a particular
OS.  It really seems like a hardware thing specific to the keyboard.

Is there some way to slow down the repeat character timing or turn it off
on the hardware for all my sparc things (SS1, IPX, etc.)?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob