[SunRescue] SS20 CD-rom issues?

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 17 11:02:48 CST 2000

> > If is really is a 3401, look at the circuit board that pokes out of the
> > rear of the drive near the scsi connector.  It has two solder blob looking
> > thingies that actually look like:
> > To clarify, these are two solder patches with small traces between them.
> > If these traces hace not been cut, the the drive is set up for 2048 block
> > size.

What is the apple cdrom that is supposed to work?  I have one of the things
but suns don' like it.  They do like my DEC RRD42A, but I have to keep
opening the thimg up and adjusting jumpers to make it work.  IFF I could
get the apple thing to work, that would help.  Anyone have any luck with
particular apple model cdroms?

Bob