[SunRescue] Aprentiship

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 17 02:56:05 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:06:20 -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> [...]

Not where I am.  I have my suspicions why they might hold me back (which I'd
rather not discuss on-list), plus these damn customers are starting to get to me.

But I still love calls where the guy needs a manual walkthrough, and his idea of
that is he just needs DNS, mail and news servers, and logon info. =)

  I made out like a bandit
>on that front, I got a job at a local U, started as the support guy.  I've
>been there about 1.5 years, and I'm one of the two admins now, and I do ALL
>of my end user support (less than 1/2 my time now) from memory.  I'm also
>getting REALLY good at IP routing and most NT things.  I know, NT is bad,
>but that's what the other admin knew, and he didn't want to learn anything
>else.  I've managed to get 3 production + 1 test linux box in there, but I
>haven't found a really good way to get any SPARCs in, and certainly not
>Solaris, although I may have to read the license agreement and see if we can
>use Solaris8 now.

Suppose it all depends on the application you're trying to run as well.