[SunRescue] a bit OT but...

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Thu Mar 16 14:37:29 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>Sun won't even sell you an E10k without a support contract, and I don't
>blame them.

Sun won't even sell me an E10K, because they have about a dozen too many
zeros in the price.  That kind of server really is a complete package,
don't think anybody sells stuff in that category without complete support,
and proably support at that level means you have to find the Sun support
guy a desk at your company.  That kind of machine(s) are bought  to
perform a specific task, and part of the price includes custom
configuration.  I don't epect to see Linux on one of those anytime soon.