[SunRescue] 670 SCSI in/out

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Thu Mar 16 13:20:19 CST 2000

If the 670 is like the 630, the SCSI in is for the cable from the MB to the
internal devices. The SCSI out should have a little hatch/panel near it, and
inside you will find a set of resistors. If you are going to use external
devices, you should remove the resistors and put them in the little holder
in the hatch, and be sure to terminate the last external device. If you are
not going to have external devices, the bus is terminated right there. The
hatch isn't expressly marked on the 630, but it's the approx. size of a
playing card.

Hope that helps,

Steve

No that isn't quite it. How about this -- opening the case on a 670MP,
is there anything that I need to watch out for? Batteries that I might
need to replace? Problems I might encounter changing out RAM chips? What
is it with that 'SCSI in' and 'SCSI out' stuff anyway?

--
David Rouse
Network Manager

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org