[SunRescue] Aprentiship (long)

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Mar 16 10:47:27 CST 2000

And don't be afraid of breaking things.  If you don't break it, you'll never
learn anything.

> For instance, Sun will allow you to purchase Solaris 7 and 8
> for the cost of
> media ($10 for Sol7, $75 for Sol8).

Can somebody explain to me how many CDs I get with Solaris 8 if the media is
7.5 times more expensive than Solaris7?  I haven't ordered it, because
paying $75 for media feels too much like paying $89.95 for Win98...

> If you're in school, head over to your school's IT department
> and ask if you
> can lend a hand with anyhting (and I mean anything).  Even if
> you just sit
> there and hand out paper that other folks have printed,
> you're still in "the
> environment" and can learn by asking questions and observing others.

There are often student worker positions.  Our labs are staffed with a
student worker any time that they're open, and IS isn't.  You'll wind up
learning a LOT about anything that's available in the labs, since there will
be a lot of people there who just can't figure out how to click on that "B"
to make things bold.
	Greg