[SunRescue] CDROM player caddie.

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Thu Mar 16 08:52:40 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Tim Hauber wrote:

> Prob'ly a good bet is find a computer store and ask them if they have any
> sitting around.  As far as I know nothing new still uses them, so probably
> a store would be glad to get rid of some old stock.

Some companies still utilize caddies... I know of a Sony CDRW drive (the
926?) which still uses caddies. And my general understanding tells me that
Plextor makes a caddy and tray model for most if not all their products.

>From research I've read that some people live by caddies, especially when
burning CDs. Something about longer life to components due to less dust
(that and putting the drive in an external case for better ventilation).

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.14--