Re(2): [SunRescue] Sparc Overclocking....

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Wed Mar 15 16:26:30 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>Not unless there's a convenient coincidence of some multiple of the
>monitor's sync rates and the sbus clock. :)
>
>           -Dave McGuire

Isn't the onboard FB on the IPC and IPX actually sbus anyway?  It wouldn't
make sense to me to build a custom circuit when you can just transplant
the already designed sbus card, with it's independant timing, onto the
motherboard.  Even Sun has some hurry to market influence, so you try to
never design the same circuit twice.  I'd imagine if you had a picture of
the "same" sbus FB, you could probably match components to determine which
were part of the frame buffer circuitry.

Tim