[SunRescue] Sun4c support dropped in Solaris 8?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 13 12:04:51 CST 2000

On March 13, Jonathan [no, I don't write for /.] Katz wrote:
> Trivia time? What would be the longest supported/produced architecture?
> Probably DEC's VAX or PDP-11 line? [ I don't know the answer ] Any other
> ideas?

  By far the DEC PDP-11 family.  If I recall correctly, the first
model (the pdp11/20) first shipped in 1970, and the last (the pdp11/93
and pdp11/94) were discontinued around 1997 or so.

  The VAX isn't doing too bad either...introduced in '77 ('78?) and
still supported until the end of this year, I believe.

                -Dave McGuire