[SunRescue] Sun4c support dropped in Solaris 8?

Jonathan [no, I don't write for /.] Katz jkatz at in.net
Mon Mar 13 11:41:54 CST 2000

> Yep, and we were warned about it in the release notes for Solaris 7.  Sol7 is
> the last release that is supported on sun4c.
> (10 years of OS support past the release of a piece of hardware aint bad...)

10 years of single OS support isn't bad at all.... it really bodes well
for the longevity of the hardware as well as the superiority of the
architecture design. Good marketing helps, too.

Trivia time? What would be the longest supported/produced architecture?
Probably DEC's VAX or PDP-11 line? [ I don't know the answer ] Any other
ideas?

-Jon