[SunRescue] Sun3 Booting

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Mon Mar 13 08:26:58 CST 2000

Hi!

>If I recall correctly, certain 3/60 boot PROMs would only boot from
>sd(0,0,0) (i.e. SCSI id set to 0) or st(0,0,0) (QIC-24 tape at SCSI
>id 4). I'm pretty sure versions 1.5 and 1.6 did this.

Mmmhhh... yes, i think there was such an issue. 1.6 is very broken.
It has troubles booting from the net too if it gets a tftp timeout.
This is not uncommon on a loaded network and then the machine needs
minutes to revocer or several attempts to boot up.

I just learned that 2.8 can boot from CDROM and QIC-150.

Tschuess

Peter