[SunRescue] 386i/250 booting

Taren Taren
Sun Mar 12 15:25:03 CST 2000

Actually, what is causing this error message (the one from yp) is the
/etc/defaultdomain file, which contains the domain name which was used when
the system was part of an NIS (if not an NIS+) network.

You need to get to single-user mode, as Greg indicated, then delete (or
rename) the /etc/defaultdomain file.

However, if you do get to single-user mode, the best way to reconfigure your
system at this point is to type '/usr/sbin/sys-unconfig'.  This will reset
all network configurations (including deleting the hosts file, the
hostname.ie0 file, the link to the current nsswitch.conf file, and - I think -
the resolv.conf file) so that the next time you boot, you will be prompted
for the new system name, which type of network connection you want (DNS, NIS,
NIS+, or none), the IP address and domain name, and - for DNS - what your
default name server is going to be.

Taren