[SunRescue] 386i/250 booting

sac65531 at saclink.csus.edu sac65531 at saclink.csus.edu
Sun Mar 12 14:02:55 CST 2000

hi thanks...

i have peeked into the FAQ and i am a little flustered to say the least.
let me start by saying (if it is not already clearly evident) that i am
*not* by any stretch of the term "knowledgable" about
unix/solaris/sun systems. that being my whining disclaimer...

i am not getting what i have read or been told by others to be the

"prom prompt"  not the "OK prompt".

the screen comes up with the progress bar, and the first thing to
come up is the "Auto-boot in progress " followed by "sd (0,2,0)".

i take this to mean that it is auto-booting from the hd and that being
the case i am too late in the process to perform a single user boot.

i am wondering how to stop it from auto-booting... or do i need to
pop the hood, swap some jumpers...???

lost,
carl