[SunRescue] PC sony head, usable on sun stuff?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri Mar 10 23:27:50 CST 2000

Depends on what sun stuff.  It sounds like it should work with a CG6...

> Also, for anyone who has worked with Sony stuff from '94, why
> does this
> thing have 5 BNCs (right name?) on the back for the video
> signal?  Hsync
> Vsync Blue Green Red (the red cable was broken, I fixed it,
> much better
> color now).  Seems kinda non PC-ish to me...

Probably because it's not a PeeCee monitor, probably one that was
manufactured for Sun/HP/DEC/SGI/somebody else, and got sold under the Sony
brand.  Yes, BNC is the right name, if you're going to use your own coax on
there, it needs to be 50 ohm, and not 75.  It will probably work perfectly
if you get a 13w3 to 4BNC cable (note you won't be using all 5 connectors).
Good luck,
	Greg