[SunRescue] PC sony head, usable on sun stuff?

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Mar 10 21:05:40 CST 2000

Hi All,

I recently rescued a Sony PC monitor from the dump, after it fell from 4
feet up and broke some of the plastic stuff...  anyway.  The tech specs
say this about the input:

VIDEO INPUT SIGNAL
Compatible Video Signal Type(s)         Analog
Horizontal Scan Freq. (kHz)             31.5 - 82 kHz
Vertical Scan Frequency (Hz)            50 - 150 Hz
Max. Res. (H x V, physical, NI)         1280 x1024 (75 Hz)
Max. Res. (H x V, logical, NI)          1600 x 1200 (60 Hz)

Does this sound like it would work with sun stuff?
Also, for anyone who has worked with Sony stuff from '94, why does this
thing have 5 BNCs (right name?) on the back for the video signal?  Hsync
Vsync Blue Green Red (the red cable was broken, I fixed it, much better
color now).  Seems kinda non PC-ish to me...

-Jonathan