[SunRescue] Pulling SIMMs (was Sparcstation with 0 MB (does it boot ?))

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Mar 10 14:11:27 CST 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, sparcy wrote:

> This also solved the problem of the 2nd SS2, it seems a SS2 (any SSxx ?)
> needs at least some memory to start up at all. (I was assuming I would
> at least get to the PROM, even without memory)

Nope, they all need memory.  Got to have scratch space to get the FORTH
interpreter up and running.

You've probably figured this out already, but in case you haven't the SS2
requires a different SIMM installation order than the other pizzabox sun4c
systems.  Each bank consists of every fourth slot, not four contiguous
slots.

-James