[SunRescue] Dumb Terminals under Solaris

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Mar 10 02:34:14 CST 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Paul Khoury wrote:

> Does anyone know how to add Wyse 60 support to the default /etc/termcap file
> in Solaris?

You will normally want to use terminfo on Solaris, not termcap.  It
should already be present:

gengar:/usr/share/lib/terminfo/w% ls wyse60*
wyse60       wyse60-25-w  wyse60-42-w  wyse60-43-w  wyse60-w
wyse60-25    wyse60-42    wyse60-43    wyse60-vb    wyse60-wvb

> Also, does anyone have any good recommendations for a DOS-based term emulator?
> I'd prefer VT220 minumum, and it needs to be small enough to fit on a floppy.

DOS Kermit.  It's one of the best VT220 emulators period, plus the
scripting abilities are second to none.  About the only terminal emulator
I've preferred to it was ProTerm on my Apple IIgs.

-James