[SunRescue] (stupid) question...

Lamb, Mark MLAMB at cvty.com
Thu Mar 9 15:05:06 CST 2000

Hello,

A rather stupid question - which of the following would be
faster?

. SPARCstation 4 / 110mhz
. SPARCstation 5 / 70mhz?

(with identical amount of memory)

- that answer would lead me to my next question - can I
swap out the chips? A quick check on the sun hardware
FAQ - didn't seem to get me a easy answer.

also -

I am having some difficulties bringing the ss4 up 'headless'
(actually I do have a dumb terminal plugged into it) - I see
boot output on the dummy up until Solaris starts init'ing.
Then it goes blank - and I am unable to do anything without
plugging in keyboard/mouse and monitor. (... and this
happens well before xdm kicks in).

Thanks in advance,
Mark