Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Question #1 -- UPS Choice for Sun...

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Thu Mar 9 14:03:28 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>Nope.  Smart-UPS is true sinewave and line-interactive.  Back-UPS is 60Hz
>squarewave and switched.  Back-UPS Pro is also squarewave but has more
>refined switching circuitry.

Thank you for that correction, I was somehow under the wrong impression.
I guess I'll have to save  my pennies a little longer.  I'd hate to have
some analog device plugged into a UPS and get square waved, that can be a
little brutal on conventional transformer supplies.  We just have SmartUPS
here at work, so I haven't actually used the other ones.