[SunRescue] WTF is this?

Innfomail at aol.com Innfomail at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 13:55:49 CST 2000

In a message dated 3/9/2000 7:25:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
martin at dsres.com writes:

>  Tempest is a system for shielding equipment to prevent anyone
>  eavesdropping by monitoring the EMI that it puts out. I think
>  it was some sort of military system, but there may have been
>  commercial variants.

Tempest is the military program to protect vital military equipment from the
Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) that a nuclear bomb blast puts out. These units
are supposed to survive a close nuclear explosion. This assumes the
electricity stays on.

Paxton