Re(2): [SunRescue] Source for 50 pin drives...

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Thu Mar 9 10:29:00 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>I bought two full height 5.25 drives from hitechcafe.com and
>shipping and packing came to more than $100. Worth it on those
>two drives, but not on cheap ones. The drives were very well
>packed, though. Obviously, 3.5 drives would be cheaper, but
>I don't know by how much.
>
>Most of the shipping firms have rate calculators on their
>websites.

I regularly get mail from www.hardrives.com and sometimes they have some
good deals in their scratch and ding section (all tested,  pulls,
tradeins, discontinuesd stuff)

for example
Seagate ST-446452W

	47GB, 5400RPM
	68 pin Ultra Wide SCSI
	13ms
	5.25" x 3.2"
	Unused
	$ 660.00 each
	5 year warranty (DDS)
	Large quantities available
	External models are available

their regular prices are reasonable, not great, but they do seem to have
big stuff like this in the scratch and ding section quite often.

I have never bought from them, but know people that have, no negative
reports that I know of.