[SunRescue] Source for 50 pin drives...

Peter Joules pjoules at coleg-powys.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 06:29:25 CST 2000

At 05:58 09/03/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>I dont think a 386i will support drives other than the particular models it
>was sold with - there's something on this in the 386i FAQ I beleive.

I have re-read the relevant section of the FAQ and it says that non Sun
drives may be used but that they must already be formatted if over 1 gig as
the format program has a 1 gig bug in it.  Partitioning appears to be a bit
of a pain as it has to be done manually.

The only possible restriction is that it specifies that the rotational
speed of the drive mustn't be above 4500 rpm.

--
Regards
Pete