[SunRescue] on-board IPX cg6 framebuffer problem

Jody Stephens jodys at tatteredcover.com
Wed Mar 8 23:40:40 CST 2000

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this problem
(solution, reason to whack my head). I have a(n?) IPX which
has an on-board cg6. Soon after I started using it the brightness
of the display would vary greatly. I was soon able to get my hands
on a cg3 sbus frame buffer and that works perfectly, thus ruling
out the monitor or the cable. I thought possibly it was somehow
the heat, as I have heard the lunchboxen are not known for their
cool running, so I left it off overnight, same thing in the morning.
Any ideas? That acceleration make quit a bit of a difference
IMHO, and I was hoping to get it back.

Thanks

Jody Stephens  	        | Tattered Cover Book Store
jodys at tatteredcover.com |    Denver Colorado USA