[SunRescue] Question 2 -- BWTWO issue on IPC

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Mar 8 22:59:23 CST 2000

I'm still waiting on the BWTWO card (thanks for the info
James...I didn't think I'd blow anything, but ever since
I actually BLEW a PC Mono monitor in the past due to a
mis-connection to a card [yes it was possible...only machine
that I know of...] I've always been a little extra careful
with the BW monitors...(it wasn't any fun when it blew like
a foot from my face...didn't implode right away, a few minutes
later, which I'm told was also a fluke...)

I've had both the SBUS DB15 and 13W3 cards in the past,
and realized that I needed/wanted one of the 13W3 ones...that's
what made me remember to ask my former employer about the
one that I know is gathering dust in a closet.....ANYWAY...
I didn't realize that there was a switch setting for resolution on
the back of these montiors.  I tried switching it, but still the
"funny" picture.   Are there any "servicable" (soldering is considered
servicable...8-) components to these IPC on board BWTWO?  I know Fred
tested out the monitors before I got them, so I don't suspect
them (esp since the color monitor behaved the exact same way...)
It's still this rolling "strip" which reminds me of those speed
reading machines I used in the past (though it shows a window
side-to-side on the monitor...and doesn't quite roll in a normal
fashion...)

Any more ideas folks?

Earl