[SunRescue] Question #1 -- UPS Choice for Sun...

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Mar 8 22:51:37 CST 2000

My UPS is going south...bad batteries...it's an APC, so I
know that I can upgrade/trade it in, but I was wondering where
I can find wattage info so I'll have a better idea which
model to choose (the APC chooser is just too damn
stupid...always suggest BackUPS 1000, BackUPS Pro 1000,
SmartUPS 1000, regardless of what settings I seem to feed
it...)  I got this Powercel orginally as a Christmas
Present (my parents have always gotten me useful computer
stuff for gifts...) so it wasn't specifically spec'ed
for my machine load or anything.  Basically, I've got
an SS10, external 4mm & external CD (same chassis)
and a 20in monitor.  I looked on the back of the monitor
and didn't see any load info, nor did I see anything on
the SS10.  I suspect James has this info right on the
top of his head...8-)

Earl